- The day of 5th September, 2022 was a real celebration of the energy industry. During the gala ceremony of the Summary of the Exchange Year 2021, Towarowa Giełda Energii (TGE) and Commodity Clearing House (IRGiT) presented their awards to most active companies and brokers of the past year
- In total 13 “Platinum Megawatt” and “Rozrachunki” statuettes were handed out to the winners and went to seven companies and seven brokers.
- The Summary of the Exchange Year has been a regular event for the last 12 years. This year’s final, once again, was organised as part of the TGE’s Trading Forum conference.
“2021 was another year marked by challenges, but also by mutual cooperation and commitment from the exchange community. Rising prices, continuing pandemic or ongoing energy transition, only reinforced the industry’s conviction about the importance of efforts supporting the national and European economy. I am delighted that we can once again award Platinum Megawatts to those of our clients who incessantly and actively contribute to the growth the exchange market. It is an honour to work with you and implement new solutions. Thank you for this on behalf of the Management Board and Employees of TGE” said Piotr Zawistowski, President of the TGE Management Board.
In the summary of last year’s performance, TGE focused on the brokers and players who were most active on the electricity, natural gas and property rights markets. In addition to the usual categories, there were two new honourable mentions, i.e.: ‘for the highest activity among new Exchange Members’ and ‘for the highest activity on the European Intraday Market (SIDC) through TGE’. In total six companies and seven brokers were recognised with the Platinum Megawatts. On the other hand, the “Rozrachunki” awards presented by IRGiT went to 3 companies, 2 of which are also winners of the TGE’s awards. Overall, 16 statuettes were handed out to 14 winners.
“The presentation of the IRGiT’s 2021 “Rozrachunki” awards continues the tradition of honouring the Members who are particularly involved in the activity of the Chamber. The year 2021 brought further legal change that the Chamber had to transpose to its regulations while maintaining the high quality of its services but also preparing market participants for potential contingencies. Therefore, I thank you all the more for your contribution to the development of the Chamber so far and congratulate all the award winners” added Andrzej Kalinowski, President of the Management Board of IRGiT.
The 2021 Platinum Megawatts went to the following companies:
PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. – for being the most active player on the electricity markets in 2021;
Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. – for being the most active player on the natural gas market in 2021;
Noble Securities S.A. – for being the most active player on the Property Rights Market in 2021;
Respect Energy S.A. – for being the most active player in the Guarantees of Origin Register in 2021;
Veolia Energy Contracting Poland Sp. z o.o. – for the highest activity among new Exchange Members in 2021;
ENIQ Sp. z o.o. – for being the most active player on the European Intraday Market (SIDC) through TGE in 2021.
The winners of “Platinum Megawatt” awards in the Broker of the Year 2021 category:
- Piotr Lelątko (ENIQ Sp. z o.o.) – for the highest activity on the electricity spot market in 2021;
- Anna Szewczuk (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.) – for the highest activity on the gas spot market in 2021;
- Tomasz Piesiewicz (TAURON Sprzedaż Sp. z o.o.) – for the highest activity during the Property Rights Market sessions in 2021;
- Jarosław Bykowski (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.) – for most active trading in respect of gas forward instruments in 2021;
- Karol Kosiarski (Noble Securities S.A.) – for most active trading in respect of electricity forward instruments in 2021;
- Teresa Marcinek (Enea Elektrownia Połaniec S.A.) – for the highest activity in the Certificate of Origin Register in 2021;
- Katarzyna Matuszewska (Noble Securities S.A.) – for the highest volume of transactions on client’s account on TGE markets in 2021.
The 2021 “Rozrachunki” awards were presented to:
- PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. – for best management of non-cash funds in 2021;
- ZE PAK S.A. – for significant input in the testing of the procedure applicable on case of an infringement event conducted in 2021;
- ENIQ Sp. z o.o. – for the best application of inter-product compensation of initial margins in 2021.
Similarly as last year, the gala presentation of the TGE and IRGiT awards took place as part of the Trading Forum, an event that provides a platform for the exchange of experience between the participants of the markets operated by TGE. This annual conference organised by the Exchange provides an excellent opportunity to talk to experts and, most importantly, to deepen the understanding of the changes being underway on the Warsaw commodity market. The Commodity Clearing House (IRGiT), which is a partner of the 14th Trading Forum, celebrated the 10th anniversary of its Risk Committee during the event. Already for a decade the Committee has been playing an advisory and consultative role, in particular in matters concerning the House’s regulations that affect the security and risk management relative to the clearing services provided by IRGiT, as well as in determining the type, form and amount of collateral to be provided by market participants.
The September awards gala was preceded by the “Platinum Megawatts” Media Competition, concluded in May, which has complemented the Summary of the Exchange Year content-wise for the past eight years. In August this year, TGE was also repeatedly awarded the title of The Best Sustainable Commodities Exchange Central Europe by CFI.co magazine.