- On 1 September 2021, during the gala ceremony of the Summary of the Exchange Year 2020, Towarowa Giełda Energii (TGE) and Commodity Clearing House (IRGiT) presented awards to most active companies and brokers of the past year.
- A total of 13 “Platinum Megawatts” and 3 “Rozrachunki” awards were presented as well as – for the first time in the history of the event – two honourable mentions for companies involved in the development of the Agricultural Exchange Market.
- This year's edition of the Summary of the Exchange Year was held as part of the 13th Trading Forum organised by TGE.
The Summary of the Exchange Year enjoys a unique place on the TGE Group’s map of events. It has been held continuously for 11 years and, as suggested by its name, is a true culmination of the activities of the past 12 months. And because behind every success stand concrete people, every year TGE and IRGiT recognise companies and individuals of the highest merit for the market, granting the winners their awards known as “Platinum Megawatts” (TGE) and “Rozrachunki” (IRGiT). This time was no different.
“The year 2020 was unique in many ways – the domestic market, like the rest of the world, was struggling to cope with the challenges posed by the pandemic. It was mutual cooperation and commitment that helped the market through this difficult period. Therefore, this year's Platinum Megawatts, awarded by TGE, taste even better than the previous ones, as they have been presented to clients who, in this difficult time and despite all odds, continued to actively build the exchange market with us. Thank you for this on behalf of the Management Board and Employees of TGE – said Piotr Zawistowski, President of the TGE Management Board.
Looking at the past 12 months, TGE recognised brokers and entities most active on the electricity, gas and property rights markets. For the first time, two honourable mentions were also made for the activity on the Agricultural Exchange Market. Among the winners selected by TGE there are eight companies, one brokerage house and six brokers. The awards by the Commodity Clearing House, known as “Rozrachunki”, went to three companies which joined the winners of the Summary of the Exchange Year 2020.
“By presenting the 2020 “Rozrachunki” awards, IRGiT continues its annual tradition of recognising its most successful Members in categories that are particularly relevant to our Company. I would like to congratulate all this year’s winners and thank them for their contribution to the development of the Polish commodity market” added Andrzej Kalinowski, President of the Management Board of IRGiT.
The 2020 Platinum Megawatts went to the following companies:
- PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. – for being the most active player on the electricity markets in 2020;
- Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. – for being the most active player on the natural gas market in 2020;
- Noble Securities S.A. – for being the most active player on the Property Rights Market in 2020;
- Respect Energy S.A. – for acting as a market maker in 2020;
- ENGIE Energy Sp. z o.o – for being the most active player in the Guarantees of Origin Register in 2020;
- Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A. – for commitment to the development of the exchange-based electricity market in Poland;
- GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. – for commitment to the development of the exchange-based natural gas market in Poland.
Honourable mentions for activity supporting the Agricultural Exchange Market were made to:
- Dom Maklerski Banku Ochrony Środowiska S.A. – for being the most active player on the Agricultural Exchange Market in 2020;
- Elewarr Sp. z o.o. - for commitment to the development of the Agricultural Exchange Market in 2020.
The winners of “Platinum Megawatt” awards in the Broker of the Year 2020 category:
- Thomas Bjorn Houlind (Energi Danmark A/S) – for most active trading on the electricity spot market in 2020;
- Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. – for most active trading on the natural gas spot market in 2020;
- Kateryna Petretsiuk (Dom Maklerski Banku Ochrony Środowiska S.A.)– for most active trading during Property Rights Market sessions in 2020;
- Jarosław Bykowski (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.– for most active trading in respect of gas forward instruments in 2020;
- Karol Kosiarski (Noble Securities S.A.)– for most active trading in respect of electricity forward instruments in 2020;
- Krzysztof Sobiech (NOBLE Securities S.A.) – for most active trading in respect of the Certificate of Origin Register in 2020;
The “Rozrachunki” awards have been presented to:
- Energa-Obrót S.A. – for best management of non-cash funds in 2020;
- Dom Maklerski Banku Ochrony Środowiska S.A.– for contribution to the development the of the agri-food commodities market in 2020;
- ENIQ Sp. z o.o. – for best application of inter-product compensation of initial margins in 2020.
The “Platinum Megawatt” and “Rozrachunki” Awards ceremony was held as part of the 13th Trading Forum, which provides a platform for the exchange of experience between market participants operating on the electricity, natural gas and property rights markets. Organised regularly by TGE, the event is an excellent opportunity for talking to experts as well as taking part in topical discussions and debates and getting the latest information about the markets operated by TGE. The Commodity Clearing House (IRGiT) is a partner of the 13th Trading Forum.
TGE and IRGiT kicked off the summer season with the June “Platinum Megawatts” Media Competition, which for seven years now has been complementing the Summary of the Exchange Year with valuable insights. The “Platinum Megawatt” and “Rozrachunki” statuettes presented on 1 September, as well as the title of Best Sustainable Commodities Exchange Central Europe 2021 awarded to TGE in August by CFI.co magazine, closed the so-called summer awards season in the TGE Group.