Towarowa Giełda Energii (TGE) and the Warsaw Commodity Clearing House (IRGiT) recognised the most active players and brokers trading on the exchange market in 2018
- The first day of spring coincided with a commodity market celebration. On 21 March, TGE and IRGiT presented their awards to the energy industry.
- For the ninth time the Exchange recognised the most active players and brokers trading on the TGE’s floor, while IRGiT presented their annual “Rozrachunki” awards.
On 21 March 2019, TGE and IRGiT hosted the Summary of the Exchange Year 2018, during which they presented statuettes to the companies and brokers operating on the markets operated by TGE. The event attracted many distinguished representatives of the energy industry. Among the guests was Maciej Bando, President of the Energy Regulatory Office who reviewed the year 2018 underlining that:
‘From the Regulator’s perspective, the public trading obligation is a very important instrument which supports the development of exchange trading. This obligation guarantees the liquidity of the wholesale market, which in turn stimulates competition on the retail market. For the President of ERO as the regulator of electricity and gas markets, whose mission is to ensure balance between the interests energy companies and end users, the development of competition is crucial. That is why the President of ERO is so actively involved in the development of the commodity exchange in Poland.’
TGE presented 15 statuettes, including 9 awarded to energy companies and brokerage houses and 6 “Platinum Megawatts” to brokers, as a token of appreciation for persons who, on behalf of their companies, place buy/sell orders in the trading system on a daily basis.
‘First of all, I would like to congratulated all winners of “Platinum Megawatts” and thank our Employees for the immense amount of work they put into the operation of the Exchange last year. The year 2018 saw changes in domestic regulations which TGE had to face up to while adapting its operations to the expectations of market participants. It is also the year in which we demonstrated the best trading performance. Each manager wants the company they lead to be successful in different fields. In the case of services, it is often more important to raise the standards visibly enough for the organization to gain even more credibility of the market. I hope that 2019 will be the year when we will reinforce the position of the Exchange and strengthen cooperation with our members’ said Piotr Zawistowski, President of the Management Board of TGE.
The winners of the ”Platinum Megawatt” awards in the Electricity Market category:
- PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. - for being the most active player on the electricity markets among energy companies in 2018.
- Noble Securities S.A. for being the most active brokerage house on the electricity markets in 2018.
The winners of the ”Platinum Megawatt” awards in the natural gas market category:
- PGNiG Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. – for being the most active player among energy companies on the natural gas markets in 2018.
- Dom Maklerski Banku Ochrony Środowiska S.A. - for being the most active brokerage house on the gas markets in 2018.
The winners of “Platinum Megawatt” awards in the green certificates market category:
- TAURON Sprzedaż Sp. z o.o. - for being the most active player among energy companies on the green certificates market in 2018.
- Noble Securities S.A. - for being the most active brokerage house on the green certificates market in 2018.
TGE additionally recognised three companies with “Platinum Megawatts” in the following categories:
- Polenergia Obrót S.A. - for being the most active market maker in 2018.
- Hermes Energy Group S.A. - for the best debut on the exchange market in 2018.
- STX Commodities - for the biggest contribution to the development of the Guarantees of Origin Register in 2018.
The winners of “Platinum Megawatt” awards in the Broker of the Year category:
- Piotr Lelątko (Eniq Sp. z o.o.) - for being the most active player on the electricity Day-Ahead Market and Intraday Market in 2018.
- Jakub Kułaj (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.) - for the most active player on the Day-Ahead and Intraday Market for gas in 2018.
- Marta Lach (Dom Maklerski BOŚ S.A.) - for being the most active player during green certificates market sessions in 2018.
- Jakub Wiśniewski (PGNiG S.A.) - for the being the most active player on the Commodity Forward Instruments Market in respect of gas forward instruments in 2018.
- Karol Kosiarski (Noble Securities S.A.) – for being the most active player on the Commodity Forward Instruments Market in respect of electricity forward instruments in 2018.
- Marcin Gwarda (Polenergia Obrót S.A.) - for being the most active market maker in 2018.
During the event dedicated to the Summary of the Exchange Year 2018, the Warsaw Commodity Clearing House also presented its statuettes. Andrzej Kalinowski, President of the IRGiT Management Board said:
‘The past year was exceptional in terms of the volatility of prices and volumes observed on the electricity and gas markets. Yet, the risk management mechanisms applied by the Clearing House ensured the safety of trading in this exceptional period. The developments of 2018 confirm the key role of the House has to play on the energy and gas exchange market. In 2018 the House finalised new regulations, which align its business activity with the provisions of the MIFID. Intensive efforts were also undertaken to optimise the collateral system.’
The winners of the “Rozrachunki” awards in the category of best non-cash management in 2018:
• PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A.
• PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny Sp. z o.o.
The winners of “Rozrachunki” in the category of the début of the year 2018:
• Next Kraftwerke GmbH.